May 2021 Empi Imp update



 Yea it’s been a bit since last post, but I’m still working on the Imp. With the COVID restrictions lifted, I’ve gotten super busy at work, so the Imp hasn’t been on top. 

However, I have been doing stuff!

I decided to use the existing pan and so that’s where my focus has been. I wanted to build a body lift, so I purchased some 2” tube and started on that...

As you can see, I also began grinding and painting the chassis with MasterSeries paint (Love this stuff!) Check em out

Right in front of the ebrake, there was some damage on the chassis, so I welded it back up as well. 

While this was happening, I was hunting a front end. Well, I managed to find... 3! For free!! Not to mention a ton of other great parts! - steering wheel, shaft, and lots of other misc hardware.

So I stopped chassis work for the time and focused on the front end. I picked the best of the three, stripped, cleaned, and ground off all the years worth of gunk buildup. Today I finally painted the main beam. New ball joints, seals, & shocks are on the way!





Comments